MISSION OF THE MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE
To establish and maintain a robust information dissemination mechanism that promotes our tourism potentials and enhances our cultural values.
VISION OF THE MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE
To build a dynamic and participatory public information system that fosters national unity and positive values of the Nigerian people and her culture.
MANDATE OF THE MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE
Management of the image, reputation and the promotion of the culture of the people and Government of Nigeria through a dynamic public information system that facilitates access by the citizens and the global community to credible and timely information about our nation.
- To serve as the Federal Public Information outfit responsible for professional policy-making, planning, gathering, processing, packaging and dissemination of essential and vital information which will enhance and facilitate democratic governance of Nigeria as a Federal Republic.
- To provide professional information services which will project the image and reputation of the Federal Government and her people as a responsible society.
- To develop, design, institutionalize appropriate and generally acceptable public information and communication policies which will promote information management and control in a democratic society.
- To initiate action programmes, policies, rules and regulations which will ensure the existence and maintenance of civilized and orderly information and communication systems in Nigeria consistent with acceptable cultural and conventional norms and ethics of the Nigerian people and world community.
- To provide broad and specific guidelines for development management and operation of print and electronic media for education, public enlightenment, entertainment and socio-economic and political development and orientation. In this respect, the Ministry maintain appropriate relationship with he Press and the Government.
- To conduct research, surveys and studies which will enhance better understanding of the relevance,impact and approach to public information and their implications for public policies and programmes.
- To provide general printing and publishing services to all ministries for effective public administration and to educational, business and international organizations for their use.
- To represent Nigeria at International level for conferences on information.