Provision of Procurement advice and services to the Ministry of Information and responding to the Procurement Act 2007 in a manner that is consistent with the core values of the present administration viz re-branding Nigeria transparency and value for money.
To deliver efficient and effective procurement services in manner that accords with service excellence to all citizens and set a benchmark for all procurement services in the economic and social spheres of the Ministry’s activities.
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the Public Procurement Act 2007 in Federal Ministry of Information.
- Liaison with Federal Bureau of Public Procurement and other Institutional and Regulatory Authorities in ensuring that Procurement activities in the Ministry are in tandem with due process, acceptable bench mark and best practices.
- Ensuring application of fair, competitive, transparent, value-for-money standards and practices for the procurement and disposal of public assets and services.
- Attaining of transparency, competitiveness, cost effectiveness and professionalism in the public sector procurement system.
- Keeps record of all Procurement meetings and approvals for procurement.
- Facilitates the implementation of Public Procurement through effective liaison with the Department of Finance and Accounts on the assent to annual budgets by the President
- Monitors the prices of tendered items and keep a detail, use of standing prices.
- Respond to correspondence from BPP and conformity with the templates sent from BPP in soft and hard copies for purposes of implementing the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
- Initiates Procurement Planning Committee Meetings and serve as Secretary PPC.
- Serves as the Secretariat of Ministerial Tenders Board,
- Carries out corrective Maintenance of all Government Properties in Offices and Radio House, environs.
- Supervises the Comprehensive Maintenance Contract Agreement entered into by the Ministry with various Contractors.
- Successful conduct of Procurement Activities.
- Dissemination of information and awareness on Procurement guidelines and activities to other Departments and Units in the Ministry.