Mr. Bakare Ganiyu Adeola who hails from Ifeldun Local Government Area in Kwara State of Nigeria was born on 1st April, 1955. He attended St. Stephen’s Primary School in Lagos State from 1961-1968. He proceeded to Oshogbo Grammar School in Osun State from 1970-1974. Later, he advanced to the Kwara State College of Technology, Ilorin for the Advanced Level Certificate in 1975, passing out in 1977.
Ganiyu enrolled for his Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science (B. Sc) with the University of Lagos, Nigeria in 1977, graduating in 1980, He obtained the Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGD) in 1992 from the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) Badagry, Lagos State. Adeola served as a Clerical Officer in the Lagos State Internal Revenue Division of the Ministry of Finance in 1977. During his NYSC assignment, he served as a teacher in the Government Secondary School, Bokori, Port Harcourt from 1980-1981. Mr. Bakare has worked with the Defunct National Assembly, Lagos State as an Assistant Secretary II between 1982 and 1984. He worked with the Federal Ministry of Defence in the Headquarters, Abuja from 1984 to 2009. Bakare was posted to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation from 2009 to 2010. Presently, Mr. Bakare is the Head of the Servicom Unit in the Federal Ministry of Information. He is a beneficiary of numerous local courses which have strengthened the strategic performance required in the discharge of his responsibilities as a career civil servant. He is married with children.
The Ministerial SERVICOM Unit (MSU) was established in the Federal Ministry of Information on the 22nd of March, 2005.
To be the best Service Delivery outfit among the Ministerial SERVICOM Units of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
To coordinate and monitor the implementation of Service Delivery Programme in the Ministry of Information and ensuring effective and efficient Service Delivery to the public in an efficient, timely, transparent and patriotic manner.
Spearheading the strategy for implementing Government’s Service Delivery initiative by positioning the Ministry for effective Service Delivery.
- Staff of Federal Ministry of Information, Headquarters and out stations.
- Staff of Ministry’s Parastatals.
- Nigerian Citizens.
- International Organizations.
- SERVICOM Head Office.
- To spearhead the Ministry’s Service Delivery Initiative through SERVICOM compliance.
- To produce, review and monitor performance of Service Charters from the Ministry and its Parastatals.
- To manage the Ministry’s Customer Relation Policy including providing opportunities for customers’ feedback on services.
- To institute a procedure including Grievances Redress Mechanism for the Ministry and its Parastatals.
- To institute appropriate Market Research techniques in identifying customer’s needs and expectations.
- To ensure the promotion of quality assurance and best practices in the Ministry’s performance and its function.
- To provide a comprehensive and effective training policy for frontline staff on Customer Relations and related matters.
- To disseminate best practices and other tips on Services Delivery Improvement.
- To serve as a link between the Ministry and SERVICOM office.
- To serve as the secretariat of the Ministry’s Service Delivery Committee.
- To manage links with strategic partners and other stakeholders on Service Delivery Market Research, Customer care/relations etc.
- To facilitate a safe and a conducive working environment for Staff at all levels of Service Delivery.
ORGANOGRAM OF MINISTERIAL SERVICOM UNIT (FMI)