Abdur- Razaq Yakubu Bichi hails from Bichi town, Bichi Local Government Area, Kano State. He was born on the 25th September, 1961. His early education was at the Hagagawa Primary School, Bichi, Kano, from 1967 to 1970. From 1970 to 1975, he studied at Kafara Na’isa Primary School and later proceeded to the Kano Community Secondary School, Kano State, from 1975- 1980, where he acquired the West African School Certificate in 1980. He enrolled at the School of Basic Studies, ABU, Zaria, Kaduna State from 1980 to 1981. He went further to acquire the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in Accountancy at the Bayero University, Kano, 1981-1984. He served as National Youth Service Corp member in Old Rivers State as Geography Teacher at Ascension High School, Nicha–Eleme. (1984-1985). He got his first appointment at Hadejia- Jama’are River Basins Development Authority (H- JRBDA) and served from 1985 to 1998. He was later transferred to Family Economic Advancement Program (FEAP) from 1998 to 2000. He has served with the National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP) from 2000 – 2005; the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology from 2005 – 2009 and Federal Ministry of Information 2009 to date. Presently, Abdur- Razaq is a Deputy Director (Admin), Head of the Anticorruption and Transparency Monitoring Unit. Phone Number: 08099349794 E-mail address: [email protected]
Transparency and accountability should be the over-riding principle upon which all operations of Government business rest to ensure efficiency and effectiveness on a sustainable basis.
To ensure that the Ministry of Information and its parastatals attain the enviable position as the vanguards of transparency and zero tolerance to corruption in the affairs of public service in Nigeria.
To sensitize the staff of the Ministry and its parastatals on the negative effect of corruption and lack of transparency on the country’s service delivery, the socio economic well being of our people and our relationship with the outside world; thereby reducing corruption to its barest minimum in the Ministry and its parastatals.
To prevent and investigate reported cases of corruption in the Ministry as well as provide better options of checks and balances in the in operations of the Ministry in accordance with Act 2000 establishing the Unit.
- Federal Ministry on Information.
- Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN).
- Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
- Voice of Nigeria (VON).
- National Broadcasting commission (NBC).
- News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
- Nigerian Film Corporation (NFC).
- Nigerian Press council (NPC).
- National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB).
- Advertising practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON).
The need to eliminate or drastically reduce corruption in all aspects of our public life is necessary and timely to achieve efficiency and effectiveness at work. Consequently, the anti Corruption and Transparency monitoring Unit will fully implement its approved Operational Guidelines as follows:
- Periodic (monthly) market survey of price materials e.g. stationery, office equipments.
- Group touring/Accountable Advances: The names of officers listed in a Group Touring/Accountable Advance should be made available to ACTU as soon as approval is given. The ACTU will use the list to monitor the trip with a view to determine if the officers travelled or not. If possible, some officers in the Unit should be involved in the assignment to enable them physically monitor the officers listed for the trip.
- Contract Awards: Due process in the award of contracts has to be followed to ensure transparency and accountability. To this end, the Anti Corruption and Transparency Monitoring Unit should attend Due Process Meetings as well as Ministerial Tenders Board (MTB) Meetings as an observer. The TMU should carry out physical inspection of projects whose contracts are awarded to determine if the projects are being implemented or not.
- Boarding of government Property: Anti Corruption and Transparency Monitoring Unit should attend meetings of Ministry’s Board of Survey as an observer to ensure adherence of transparency and accountability in the boarding of Ministry’s property.
- Officers of the ACTU are to accompany staff verification and pay parade teams.
- Organizing periodic (internal) sensitization seminars, workshops for the staff f the Ministry, i.e. at the Headquarters and the Federal Information Centers (FICs).
- Organizing training for members on new trends in management of the internal system and procedures of the various Departments and Units in the Ministry.
- Identifying various measures for preventing incidences of corruption before they happen.
- Investigate cases of corruption and other corrupt practices in the Ministry and the parastatals.
- Collation and analysis of monthly reports from all the Anti Corruption and Transparency Monitoring Units of the Ministry’s parastatals.
Grievance Redress Mechanism
Our clients are requested to seek redress if not satisfied with the quality and quantity of service delivered. The under-listed channel can be contacted for further complaints or enquiries: The Chairman, Anti Corruption and Transparency Monitoring Unit Federal Ministry of Information 8th Floor, Radio House Area 10, Herbert Macaulay Way, Garki, Abuja. Telephone: 09-2340785