The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola is to declare open a one-day second interactive Stakeholders’ meeting on Expatriate Quota Administration on Wednesday 14th April, 2021.
2. This meeting is to strategically enable Stakeholders provide input into the revised Draft Handbook on Expatriate Quota Administration and discuss challenges militating against the smooth administration of the process.
3. The event will include Presentation of papers by the Permanent Secretaries of some MDAs: Permanent Secretaries, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Federal Ministry of Education, Ministry of Aviation or DG NCAA, the Executive Secretary of NCDMB, as well as Representative of Organised Private Sector/ MAN.
4. The Business Division of the Citizenship and Business Department has the mandate for administering and enforcing the provision of the Immigration Act, 2015 as it relates to the establishment of business in Nigeria through issuance of business permit and Expatriate Quota position to deserving companies on request.
5. The Division in collaboration with Nigeria Immigration Service monitors the utilisation of the quota position with the aim of checking its abuse as well as ensuring effective transfer of technology to Nigerian’s Understudies and eventual indigenisation of the position in Nigeria
6. The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Dr. Shuaib Belgore shall also be in attendance.
Akinbode Fatima O.
For: Director Press
13th April, 2021.