Director: Mr. A. B. Ajibola
The Entertainment and Creative Services Department is one of the newly created departments by the Head of Service in 2014 out of the old Department of Culture for effective administration of culture in Nigeria giving dedicated attention to the Entertainment and the Creative Sector in Nigeria.
The Department is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Formulating policies on the Entertainment Industry;
- Promoting the Nigeria Entertainment Industry;
- Promoting the Private-Public Sector collaboration in the development of the Entertainment Industry;
- Providing the regulatory Framework for the Entertainment Sub-sector;
- Packaging the Entertainment content of both International and National Programmes;
- Developing and promoting cultural Festivals and Carnivals;
- Relating with Nollywood for advisory services;
- Overseeing the activities of the National Troupe of Nigeria and the National Theatre; and
- Provide a structure for the Entertainment and Creative Sector in Nigeria for proper coordination.
The main Policy thrust of the Entertainment and Creative Services Department is to develop the sector in order to contribute to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country as well as generate employment and create wealth for our youth.
STRUCTURE OF THE DEPARTMENT
For effective implementation of the mandate of the Department, it is divided into three (3) divisions viz;
- Cultural Troupes and Music Division; and
- Festivals and Carnivals Division; and
- Special Duties Division.