Director: Mr. Chuma-Ajaegbu N. Joe
The Department of Human Resources is made up of two (2) Divisions:
1. Appointment, Promotion and Discipline (APD)
2. Training and Staff Welfare (TSW)
The Department is headed by a Director while the two Divisions are headed by Deputy Directors.
The Branches on the other hand are headed by Assistant Directors.
1. Appointment Promotion and Discipline: Comprises of two (2) branches:
(i) Appointment, Promotion and Discipline
2.Training and Staff Welfare
Comprises of two (2) branches:
(ii) Staff Welfare.
Appointment, Promotion and Discipline: This Division of the Administration Department is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Documentation of newly recruited officers by the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC)
- Documentation of newly deployed officers to the Ministry
- Issuance of posting instructions as approved by the Permanent Secretary
- Preparation of staff nominal roll
- Raising of variation advice for yearly salary increase, promotion, advancement, upgrading of officers
- Up-grading of records of staff in the Ministry
- Conducting promotion exercise
- Defense of Manpower budget for creation of vacancy positions
- Handling of cases of discipline in the Ministry
- Handling of the reinstatement of the disengaged officers
- Handling of Commissionaires
- Salary variation of staff.
Training and Staff Welfare: This Division is charged with the following functions:
- Handling the National Health Insurance Scheme and processing of medical expenses of staff
- Processing of pension and gratuities of retired officers
- Preparation of death benefit of officers
- Organising sporting activities of the Ministry
- Preparation of Annual Training Proposal of staff
- Defense of training proposal with office of the Head Of Civil Service of the Federation
- Claims of allowances of staff
- Management of First Aid Box
- Handling of office accommodation.
- Issuance of staff Identity (I.D.)Cards.
- Handling matters related to cleaning of the offices and environment