Director: Dr. Sedon, mni.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To serve as the pivot through which the Ministry performs its stewardship role and other statutory responsibilities necessary for achieving the goals and objectives of the National Development in both Information and Culture Policy.
(a) PLANNING AND POLICY (P & P)
Prepare developmental plan (short and medium terms)
Perspective in collaboration with NPC, MDA’s and its Parastatals
(b) MONITORING AND EVALUATION (M & E)
Embark on quarterly M & E of the Ministry and its Parastatals projects/ Programmes
(c) RESEARCH AND STATISTICS (R & S)
Seeks public opinion on major government policies /programmes
Coordinates and facilitates the preparation of the Ministry’s Annual budget in conjunction with the budget office
- Development of plans and preparation of budgets
- Monitoring and Evaluation of internal and sectorial activities
- Coordination of policies formulation and priority settings.
- Conduct of Research into sectors over which the Ministry has collaboration with MDA.
- Liaison/Coordination of activities between the Ministry and its Parastatals
- Preparation of Council Memos
- Production of Annual Progress Report
- Serving as secretariat of the National Council on Information and Culture
- Liaison with relevant bodies outside the Ministry
- Routine collection of data relating to the Ministry of Information and Culture Sector.
- Provision of evidence based data and information
- Periodic conduct Of opinion Poll and Survey on government policies and programmes
- Distribution of newspapers/magazines to all Departments and Units in the Ministry through the Ministry.