Let me thank the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, for giving us the opportunity to present the National Orientation Campaign, CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME, to this all important conference.
2. As you are all aware, President Muhammadu Buhari launched this campaign on Sept. 8th 2016. CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME is a Pan Nigeria Campaign that has no coloration whatsoever – whether it is political, religious or ethnic. It is a campaign for all Nigerians, with the sole objective of achieving a paradigm shift in the way we do things. The campaign is based on one principle: Each one of us must be the change we want to see in our society!
3. Contrary to the misconception in certain quarters, this campaign was designed to start from the very top, right from the President, the Vice President, Ministers and other top government officials, and then cascade down to all Nigerians. Therefore, those who have said the campaign is aimed at saddling only the ordinary citizens with any burden have been unduly hasty. They should have at least waited for us to roll out the campaign before commenting on it.
4. On the invitation of the Inspector General of Police, we are here today to formally present CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME to the police hierarchy. This is very important because the police, by virtue of its duties, is a critical stakeholder in this campaign.
5. The Inspector-General of Police, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, please sit back and watch as we present, in a multi-media format, the CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME Campaign.
6. I thank you all for watching. My name is Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Change Begins With Me!