OPENING REMARKS BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED, AT THE 26TH EDITION OF THE PMB ADMINISTRATION SCORECARD SERIES (2015-2023) IN ABUJA ON TUESDAY, FEB. 14TH 2023
I welcome you all to the 26th and last edition of the PMB Administration Scorecard Series (2015-2023) before the general elections. I will present the scorecard of my ministry shortly. But before them, please permit me to make the following remarks.
- In a little over three months, 25 out of 28 Ministers have used this platform to present their scorecards to Nigerians. Because of scheduling problems, we will take the remaining Ministers after the elections. Recall that we launched the series right here on Oct. 18th 2022 to massively showcase the numerous achievements of the Buhari Administration.
- We could not have come this far without the support of all of you, especially the staff of the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, CEOs of agencies under the ministry as well as the media, which has consistently and diligently reported the presentations.
- I am delighted to say that we have achieved our objective of launching the scorecard series, which is to massively showcase the achievements of the Buhari Administration. Ladies and gentlemen, the refrain from the opposition, prior to the launch of this Scorecard Series, was that the APC and the Buhari Administration have nothing to campaign with in the run-up to the 2023 general elections. But we have proven them wrong. Not only do we have achievements to campaign with, we are spoilt for choice.
- In the words of President Muhammadu Buhari, this Administration has implemented high-impact projects across the length and breadth of the country that meet the yearnings and aspirations of Nigerians. And this is in recognition of the importance of critical infrastructure in economic development and the quest of this Administration to leave a lasting legacy.
- Our multilayer coverage of the Scorecard Series ensured a wide dissemination of the information arising therefrom. Apart from live coverage, live streaming and the routine reportage of the presentations, we designed the byte-size e-flyers for social media as well as the video clips that are playing on television stations across the country.
- On the opening day of the PMB Administration Scorecard Series, I said: ”You will hear from Ministers and other top government fficials about the strides in their various ministries and sectors, including transportation, social investment programme, economy, communications and digital economy, power, petroleum industry, defence, health, agriculture, youth and sports, trade and investment, fight against corruption, water resources, aviation and justice, just to mention a few.” Ladies and gentlemen, you have heard from these ministries and about these issues and more. For us, we can now proudly say: mission accomplished!
- In the days ahead, and before the elections, you will see more of our multi-dimensional efforts to showcase the Administration’s achievements. We will launch the following:
a) Documentary showcasing in vivid terms the giant strides of the Administration in all spheres of life
b) Testimony Series that provides the platform for ordinary Nigerians to say how they have benefitted from the Administration’s policies and programmes
c) Compendium of the Administration’s achievements
d) Legacy Portal that will preserve for posterity all that I have listed above.
- Once again, I thank you all for your immeasurable support and cooperation. It is now my pleasure to present my own scorecard.