REMARKS BY THE GUEST OF HONOUR, THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED, AT THE PRIVATE PREMIERE OF THE “EAGLE WINGS” MOTION PICTURE AT THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE OFFICERS’ MESS AND SUITES, ABUJA, ON JANUARY 2021
I am delighted to be here today to witness the premiere of the “Eagle Wings” Motion Picture by the Nigerian Air Force Investments Limited, in collaboration with Messrs Papel Image
Tech Limited here in Abuja. It is my pleasure to be associated with the Nigerian Air Force and indeed the Nigerian Air Force Holding Company and its subsidiaries, on the occasion of this premiere.
2. The movie we have just watched vividly portrays how the Nigerian Air Force optimally leverages kinetic as well as non-kinetic air capabilities and humanitarian efforts, with the available resources and manpower, to win hearts and minds in the overall national strategic approach to attaining victory in the war against terrorism and insurgency. I am highly impressed with the quality of production and the professional way in which the actors played their roles. I must say that “Eagle Wings” has undoubtedly set a new standard for Nollywood, and would also project the image of the Nigerian Air Force far beyond the shores of our great nation, further boosting Nigeria’s international prestige.
3. At this juncture, let me commend the untiring efforts of the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, whose commitment, diligence and strategic leadership have been outstanding and exemplary. I must make particular mention of his exceptional vision, especially in utilizing the media space to enlighten citizens and other stakeholders about the valuable contributions of the Air Force to both internal security and off-shore Air Power projections, in support of Nigeria’s national interest. In this regard, it is quite noteworthy that the Nigerian Air Force’s positive engagement of the media to promote public enlightenment has received national, continental and global accolades over the past two years. With this movie and other significant landmark achievements, the unrelenting drive by the Chief of Staff to reposition the Nigerian Air Force as a leading Air Force on the continent is already yielding results. On this note, I want to congratulate all of us for being part of history as we witness the unveiling of the first Motion Picture of its kind in West Africa as a whole and in Nigeria in particular. Let me also applaud the production management team for the conceptualization and making of the movie with such a great storyline that reflect the reality in the Nigerian Air Force and the undying determination to succeed.
4. Ladies and Gentlemen, please permit me to appreciate the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, for giving the Armed Forces the enabling environment to function while employing all the relevant tools, including a seminal Motion Picture of this kind, as Soft Power in the fight against insurgency. The unwavering commitment of Mr. President to the goals of the Armed Forces despite the scarce resources and the prevailing global economic and social challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, is inestimable and highly appreciated.
5. Finally, I urge all of us to continue to imbibe the requisite values and keenly exploit every medium that will help to foster unity in our great nation. Let us also embrace the culture of supporting the Armed Forces in fighting criminality in Nigeria. This is one area in which my Ministry has been unrelenting. Our gallant troops daily make a huge sacrifice, including the supreme sacrifice, so that you and I can sleep with our eyes closed. I enjoin us all to make use of this movie as a tool of creating awareness in the public about the critical roles, especially of the Air Force, in national security and nation building.
6. I thank you all most sincerely, and wish you the very best in all your endeavours. God bless the Nigerian Air Force, God bless the Armed Forces, and God bless our Great Nation, Nigeria!