REMARKS BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED, AT THE UNVEILING OF THE PROGRAMME, ”PRESERVING PMB LEGACY,” AT THE BANQUET HALL, STATE HOUSE, ABUJA, ON WEDNESDAY 22 FEB. 2023
Good afternoon and thank you all for being a part of this momentous occasion. Today marks the highpoint of the programme we launched on
Oct. 19th, 2022 to massively showcase the achievements of the Buhari Administration.
- Tagged ”PMB Administration Scorecard Series (2015-2023)”, the programme has five variants:
a) Scorecard Presentation
c) Testimony Series
d) Compendium of the Administration’s achievements
e) Legacy Portal
- The Scorecard Series ran from Oct. 19th 2022 to Feb. 14th 2023 and witnessed presentations by 25 Ministers and the Chairman of the National Population Commission. It was a huge success, going by the feedback we have received. We are not surprised at the success of the series, because of the multi-dimensional strategy we adopted to execute it. Apart from live coverage and live streaming on our
Ministry’s social media handles, each edition was amply reported by a group of dedicated senior journalists. E-flyers were also generated
from each presentation, while video clips from the presentations continue to receive massive play on public and private television
stations across the country.
- For the other four variants that we are here to launch today – the Documentary, Testimony Series, Compendium and Legacy Portal – we
expect the same level of success. This is because we will also ensure a massive play for the documentary, the teaser of which you will soon watch; Ditto the Testimony Series, which will also play shortly. We will widely circulate both the hardcopy and the e-copy of the
Compendium, and also publicise the Legacy Portal, www.pmbscorecard.gov.ng, the electronic repository of all the achievements.
- Your Excellencies, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, we introduced the Scorecard Series to consolidate all that we have been
doing since 2015 to propagate the policies and programmes of the Administration. Of course, we have, over these past years, highlighted
these policies and programmes via the 22 Town Hall Meetings we have held across Nigeria, Press Conferences, Radio and TV Documentaries, Media Appearances and the first edition of the Testimony Series, among
others. But as the Administration winds down, we believe it’s very important to consolidate our efforts at showcasing our achievements.
- The Scorecard Series provided a counter to the choreographed pushback by the opposition and the naysayers, who contend – because of
‘bad belle’ – that the Buhari Administration has achieved nothing. It also provided campaign materials for our party and its candidates in
the run-up to the 2023 General elections. Recall that the singsong of the opposition was that this Administration has nothing to campaign
- We have now shown that not only do we have a lot to campaign with, we are spoilt for choice! We also went beyond the moment by
creating the Legacy Portal which, as I said earlier, is an electronic storehouse of the achievements. This is unprecedented in the history of our country.
- After the elections, we intend to take the scorecard presentations of the three remaining Ministers: Education, Labour and Employment as well as Special Duties. Scheduling problems did not allow us to take these ministries earlier. We will also publish Volume 2 of the Compendium.
- On this note, Your Excellencies, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, I want to most sincerely thank all those who have worked tirelessly to make today’s event a reality. I also want to thank you all for attending the event. It is now my pleasure to invite you all to sit back and enjoy the launch of the four variants of the Scorecard Series, starting with a 19-minute teaser of the two-part Documentary,
followed by the screening of the Testimony Series and the unveiling of the Compendium and the Legacy Portal.
- I thank you all for your kind attention