1. Please permit me to warmly welcome His Royal Majesty, Oba Adeola Adeniyi Ajakaiye, the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, and his entourage.
Kabiyesi, it is my pleasure to receive you and your entourage on this visit.
2. I want to thank Kabiyesi, first for inviting me to his impending coronation, and also for inviting me to visit the historic Esa Cave as well as the Okuta Abanijorin (the rock that accompanies you on your trip), both in Iyin-Ekiti, in the Irepodun/Ifelodun local government area of Ekiti State. I want to say that I have accepted both invitations
3. Ahead of my visit to the Esa Cave and Okuta Abanijorin, I will very soon be sending the National Commission for Museums and Monuments (NCMM), a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture which is in charge of museums and historical sites in the country, to visit the two tourist sites and report back to me.
4. I want to assure Kabiyesi, the good people of Iyin-Ekiti and indeed the entire people of Ekiti State that we will do our best to help showcase and popularize the top two tourist sites in the town, leveraging our wide media reach as well as technology.
5. Putting the tourist sites on the national and global map will attract tourists, which will in turn boost the economy of not just Iyin town but indeed the entire Ekiti State.
6. As we are all aware, there can be no successful tourism without security. This is why we are appealing to His Royal Majesty to work with his fellow traditional rulers, as well as the Government of Ekiti State, to ensure peace and security in the state. Traditional rulers are indispensable to the maintenance of peace and security in their domain. That’s why they cannot and must not be ignored, as we seek to restore peace and security across the country.
7. Talking about security, I want to use this opportunity to assure all Nigerians that despite the security challenges we are facing now, Nigeria is in safe hands. We must never succumb to the apocalyptic or doomsday predictions about our country because they won’t come to pass. It is also important for our leaders at all levels to give the people message of hope instead of making comments that can only aggravate tension.
8. Once again, I welcome Kabiyesi the Oluyin of Iyin and his entourage. I thank His Royal Majesty for taking the time to visit us today, and I look forward to attending Kabiyesi’s coronation, as well as to visiting the two most prominent tourist sites at Iyin Ekiti
9. I thank you all most sincerely for your kind attention