REMARKS BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED, DURING THE GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY FOR THE INSTALLATION OF 1×60MVA, 132/33KV TRANSMISSION SUBSTATION AT ORO, IREPODUN LGA, KWARA STATE, AT ORO ON THURSDAY, MARCH 16TH 2023
I warmly welcome you all to this ground-breaking ceremony for the design, supply and installation of 1 x 60MVA, 132/33kV transmission sub-station here in Oro, with 5km turn-in-turn-out Offa-Omu-Aran 132kV double circuit transmission lines.
- This is a momentous occasion for Oro, considering the expected positive fallouts of this project, which was approved by the Federal Executive Council on Dec. 21st 2023. The project is a game changer, in that when completed, it will transform, for the better, the lives of the people of Oro in particular and the entire Irepodun Local Government in general.
- The project will lead to improved power supply to Oro and its environs, boost economic activities in these areas, especially for artisans and small and medium scale businesses, and enhance the social development of the people.
- I therefore want to implore all the good people of Oro to see this project as their own and jealously protect it. We must not disturb the contractor under any guise so that he can deliver the work within the stipulated time. All hands must be on deck to provide all the necessary support for the quick completion of the job.
- Of course, our support must not be for this project alone. We must continue to own and protect similar recent projects in this area, ncluding the tarred intra-city roads at Oro, the ICT Centres at Oro Grammar School and Offa Grammar School, as well as the modern hospitals at Oro and Igbaja. These projects, which are dividends of democracy, are aimed at enhancing the quality of life of our people.
- I want to say that there are more from where these projects came from. Therefore, I implore you all to continue to support our party at all levels so that we can in turn continue to deliver to you the dividends of democracy. This is the essence of governance.
- Again, to the good people of Oro, this is your project, own it so we can return here in a very short while to commission the completed project.
- I thank you all for your kind attention