Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Senate President Presiding
Executive Session: 10:34am
Session Resumed: 11:30
The Senate in a Closed-Door Session deliberated on issues the security situation across the country and agreed to further deliberate on the matter on the next legislative seating. The Senate also decided to;
- Fast track, the passage of Petroleum Reform Bill,
- Amendment of Electoral Act and Power Sector Reform Act
- Soli Mineral development strategy
- Agricultural enhancement across Nigeria.
Votes and Proceedings 1 of Friday, December 20, 2019, approved (Moved by Sen Tolu Odebiyi Seconded by Sen. Ezenwa Francis, Oyewuchi)
Letter from Mr. President on the suspension of the earlier confirmed Board of The Niger Delta Development Corporation Board
Letter from Mr. President on confirmation of Appointment of Chairman and member of the Board Nigerian Communication Commission
Letter from Mr. President on the confirmation of appointment Captain Musa Shuibu Nuhu as the Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
Letter from Mr. President on the confirmation of the Appointment of Mr. Kingsley Isitua Obiora as the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Point of Order
- Senate Leader announced the death of Hon. Muhammadu Fagen Gawo, representing Garki/Babura Federal Constituency in Jigawa State.
The Senate resolved to:
- Observe a minute silence in honour of the dead;
- Suspend plenary to next legislative day; and
The Senate adjourned at 12:01 pm to resume on Wednesday, January 29, 2020, at 10:00 am prompt.