TEXT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED, ON THE ACTIVITIES LINED UP FOR NIGERIA’S 62ND INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY IN ABUJA ON THURSDAY, 22ND SEPTEMBER, 2022
Gentlemen, welcome to this press conference, which we have called to announce the programme of activities for the 62nd Independence Anniversary of our dear country.
- This press conference kickstarts the programmes lined up to commemorate the 62nd Independence Anniversary.
- Let me now reel out other activities for the anniversary:
- There will be a Church Service on Sunday, September 25th, 2022 at the National Christian Centre, Central Business District, Abuja at 3:00pm
This will be followed by a Public Lecture focused on National Unity on Thursday September 29th, 2022 at the State House Conference Hall at 10am
- On Friday, September 30th 2022, there will be a Special Juma’at Prayers at the National Mosque, Central Business District, here in Abuja
- On Saturday, Oct. 1st 2022, there will be a Presidential Broadcast at 7 am. Later on the same day, there will be a Military Parade at the Eagle Square, Central Business District, Abuja, starting at 10am
- Please permit me to use this opportunity to announce that the award of National Honours will be held as part of the 62nd Independence Anniversary on Oct. 11th 2022 in Abuja. The Honourable Minister of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs will give the full details later.
- Gentlemen, celebrating our independence anniversary is a reminder that in spite of the challenges we have faced as a nation, Nigerians have remained resilient and committed to the unity of our country. Let me also reiterate the commitment of this administration to promoting the unity, security and stability of our country.
- I wish us all a Happy Independence Anniversary.